Technical Service Engineer (TSE)
Position: Technical Service Engineer (TSE)
Department: Technical Service Department part of the Commercial Department
Location: Head Office, Birkenhead, UK/ Customer Sites/ Home Office UK
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager (TSM), BMB Industrial Cabs Ltd.
The Technical Service Department
The principle function of The Technical Service Department is to support:
-The customer through value adding Cab measuring and fitting services.
-The Commercial Department to deliver annual budgeted sales by maintaining excellent
relations and good will with the customer and gathering information for the Commercial
Manager in order to provide BMB with a competitive advantage.
There will also be a function to support the Design Department with real life input on cab designs and modifications as follows:
– Support the requests for getting new FLT’s into BMB for design or
-Technical Service Engineers (TSEs) measuring FLT’s on site
The principle role of the TSE is to use his skills and experience to fit BMB cabs and canopies to various industrial vehicles. The position and salary is based on up to 5 x 10 hour days (50 hours per week) including road time.
Other parts of the role include:
– Wiring of wipers and heaters into the vehicle
investigating non-conformances and reporting back to BMB
attending customer meetings
supporting BMB Design with either measurements or laser scans.
The TSE role is expected to be perform in accordance with BMB and the customer H&S standards.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
– Travelling to customer sites, arriving on time and in good shape
– Perform customer jobs (fitting, wiring, etc.) independently but according to BMB
procedures and best practices.
– Reporting back to BMB TSM, Customer Service and Commercial Manager regarding the
result of the job including:
o The particulars of the job in terms of successes and failures
o Areas to improve regarding the product and customer experience.
– Utilising the BMB TS Systems including:
o Job Logic TS scheduling systems
o MS Outlook software
– Following the TSE training
o Working with TSM to develop and receive a training plan.
o Training includes areas such as technical, communication, IT, H&S, driving, etc.
Control TSE assets including:
o Keeping all assets clean
o Assessment of additional tools for tools, software and hardware to make TSE’s
more efficient and effective on sight.
– Develop BMB H&S plan, working with RTA Manufacturing Manager
– Commercial van license.
– Excellent hands on metal working skills
– Good degree of electrical know-how for wiring
– Punctual with good manners
– Common sense & customer awareness
– Competent with PC’s, handheld devices and software.
– Team player that takes pride in work.
– Strong communication skills at all levels.
– Hard working and flexibility regarding travel and overnight stays.
– TSE’s will use Job Logic effectively…accept and close off all jobs.
– TSE’s On site as per Job Logic schedule.
– TSE’s to contact customer before setting off and introduce themselves on site…out
– TSE’s do Not leave site without permission from TSM or customer.
o Not leave site before 6 PM job is finished. Aware of customer closing times?
o If job is not finished and not Friday. Then phone TSM then stay local.
– TSE’s work at customers site in a small, organised space and manner
– TSE’s ability to complete risk assessments to ensure they remain safe
– TSE’s to report back on completed jobs using Job Logic and email.
– TSE’s to get customer to sign off on every job when completed.
– TSE’s to work with BMB, using JL, to investigate problems/providing sufficient
– TSE’s to keep vans (internally & externally) and other assets clean.
– TSE’s to monitor van stock control systems and carry the parts they need to
complete all jobs.
– TSE’s are not to take stock from BMB that has not been Dispatched to them.
o TSM will be key holder on site if picking up after hours.
– Fork Lift Truck industry experience
For full details and competencies click on the link above
Fair and Equal Recruitment
All recruitment is carried out in line with our Equal Opportunities Policy. The company is opposed to all forms of direct and indirect discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit. Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply. If you have not received a reply within three weeks please assume that your application will not be taken any further. Thank you for the interest in our company.
HOW TO APPLY : To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and covering letter to Sharon Owen Assoc. CIPD, Human Resources using the SUBMIT YOUR CV FORM below or via email firstname.lastname@example.org who will review your details.